My compositing showreel featuring several shots that I was responsible for the final compositing at Anthem Visual Effects in Vancouver,BC.
I am currently looking for a digital compositor role in the feature film industry.
Featured Projects include Sanctuary(Season 03 & 04) on the Syfy Channel and Neverland, a new Syfy TV movie, a prequel to author J.M. Barrie’s classic, Peter Pan in a two part series on the Syfy Channel as well.
All final compositing were done by me including rotoscoping and plate cleanup.
* Latest update as of December 2011 (Recent work I have done in 2012/2013 at Stargate and The Embassy VFX has not been screened yet so unfortunately I cannot show anything as of now)
* Showreel doesn’t include work done in Iron Man 3, Elysium, Phantom.
- Shot 1-4: Composited CG snow environment inside the transparent crystal orb from the plate and made use of Genarts Sapphire plugins for glow/warp/texture effects. Also rotoscoped the required areas affecting the glow effects.
- Shot 5: Composited rendered camera move of he CG environment and camera projections of sewer floor and blended together with the given live footage into a seamless camera movement.
- Shot 6-7: Pulled a greenscreen key of tinkerbell and rotoscoped out harness holding her in the air, added Genarts Sapphire effects to give her the glowing tinkerbell feel and integrated rendered CG wings onto her. Did a 2D animation of her in Nuke to give her the floaty feel of a tinkerbell.
- Shot 8: In addition to what I did on Shot6-7, I added depth of field/bokeh effects to the CG background behind and the keyed palm area. Added a glow effect requested to be on her chest area.
- Shot 9: Greenscreen key and background replacement.
- Shot 10: Original plate was of the ship against a city background on a lock off camera. Rotoscoped out the entire city background and integrated CG elements such as the front balustrade/sails with a live water footage and background island set extension. Added dirt on balustrade to match with balustrade of live plate and final 2D camera movement of ship sailing.
- Shot 11: Greenscreen key and composited with rendered floor. Projected the given screen plates with glow effects and symbol animation interaction according to the plate.
- Shot 12: Greenscreen key and window background replacement.
- Shot 13: A overall day to night comp of the shot. Greenscreen key/wire removal of Peter, rotoscoped Smee from another plate and composited with the background plate. Rotoscoped ropes/elements and did a sky replacement. Added glow effects to lamps/interior.
- Shot 14: Greenscreen key and replaced with CG hallway. Played with light passes to match light from live plate.
- Shot 15: Directed the whole shot and responsible for all the visual elements including matte painting, multiple 3D camera projections, set extensions, CG roof and final compositing. Greenscreen key of the characters I shot and integrated with the camera projected environment. Added smoke elements to final comp.
Full breakdowns can be found here: http://vimeo.com/33772607
- Shot 16: Greenscreen key and projected screen plates with rendered environment.
- Shot 17/21: Greenscreen key of Peter and tinkerbell. Added genarts sapphire effects to tinkerbell and integrated CG wings with 2D animation. Composited both characters together with final environment and rendered ship.
- Shot 18: Greenscreen key, tracked the background set extension and composited it in.
- Shot 19-20: Greenscreen key and composited with rendered environment. Added screen projections and animated them in 3D to mimic a trapping effect on shot 20.
- Shot 22: Similar to shot 17/21 with 2d camera move.